Site Meter

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Reunion


This jumperoo-lover didn't make it to the reunion!!  I just thought this picture was cute!

We have had a fun weekend and I am very tired!!  Last night was my 10 year reunion for Briarwood.  We had it at B & A Warehouse and I was highly entertained.  I will try to hit some of the high points:
I called Megan and Gina (high school BFFs - sad Blair wasn't there) on the way there because I was literally giddy.  Gigi and Pop came to our house to keep Turner, because it was going to be a late night. 

 Right before we left

Before I left I had my mom blow dry my hair because I seriously STILL can't do it myself (at 28) where it won't flip out in the back.  Lindsey definitely reminds me this is ridiculous.  But I digress. 
It is safe to say that I loved my high school!  (Luckily I loved Auburn even more or I might be THAT girl that can't get past high school.  I hope I'm not THAT girl anyway, but there were a few moments last night that aren't helping me out on that.)
Gina and Megan laughed at me for calling them, and Heath rolled his eyes.  Wow, was he in for a long night.  But, keep in mind he was his class president in high school, so we have already attended his reunion back in October.  We have an ongoing joke, because I call it his 9 and a half year reunion.  Anyway...
We were the third couple to arrive at B & A (behind Gina, of course).  Our nametags definitely had our senior pictures on them - but only if you paid in advance.  Seriously - is that what some of the money went to??  I could have saved some there!  

Jealous?

I went to the bar and got a coke, to which the bartender said, "This night will be a whole lot more fun if y'all stop ordering cokes."  Who is y'all?  The 5 of us there?  Come on.  And, pretty sure he didn't know my excitement level (spastic).  
People started arriving and my first embarrassing question came when a guy we graduated with had lost a bunch of weight.  Of course I said, "Wow.  How much weight have you lost?"  I am blunt.  If you are reading this, you more than likely already know that.  I can't change.  Heath has tried.  In fact, there is a bruise on my arm.  Heath saw it this morning and said, "What is that from?"  And I said, "Remember, it's from last night when I was saying something "inappropriate."  He was mortified, because he didn't know he had pinched me that hard.  I honestly can't remember which comment/question that was regarding, but I can only imagine.  And, I bruise easily.  Ha.  Well, the guy had lost 80 pounds!  How - you wonder?  I asked.  Nutrisystem.  I was very impressed.  And his wife had lost 45 on Weight Watchers.  I will move on (I am sure they were glad that I moved on last night).
I was waiting to see my friend Evan and introduce her to Heath.  We are buddies from Stroller Strides and Turner and York are BFF, they just don't know it yet.  Anyway, she made me laugh because she saw Heath and said, "Oh my goodness.  That is Turner!"  There aren't many people that know Turner and me and not Heath, so it was interesting to see her reaction.
Another guy friend I haven't seen in years said, "You have a child?!!"  I had to stop and process that.  Yes, I do.  I was trying to think back to when I graduated and I did not think I would be married or if I was I would not have a child.  I thought I would be working for Stampede (old high school ministry out of Briarwood church), I guess.  I am glad God is in control of my life, and I am thrilled at how it has turned out.  But I really didn't picture myself having a child by now.  Or being a stay-at-home mom.  

High school friends

Best attempt at a class picture - thanks Heath!

It was just nice to be in the same room with people I used to spend every day with.  And a little awkward.  But mostly nice.  Someone reported to my sister at church this morning that I was a spaz last night, and I think that is mostly accurate.  But it was worth it!  I liked that Heath could see and get to talk to so many high school friends.  And I loved talking to other classmates' wives/husbands/boyfriends/girlfriends.  The 2 reunions I have been a part of have been really fun!
I laughed so hard 2 different times that I started crying.  In fact, one friend from high school thought that I was upset and stopped what she was doing to ask if I was okay.  Don't worry, just laughing to the point of tears.  That is a fun night.
As I type this, Turner is rolling back and forth across the floor.  That is his favorite pastime. 


How he looks most of the time.  Roly poly.

 Also, he JUST finished his first full bowl of oatmeal in his life.  He will NEVER even choke down a bite.  Yesterday Jay and Kate witnessed him literally gag.  Drama.  But tonight he ate some!  I just had to mix bites with applesauce!!  Hallelujah!!

Before I forget, Turner went for his 6 month appointment last week.   He weighed 17 pounds, 2 ounces and was 27 1/2 inches long.  50th percentile for weight and 75th for height.  Said he was developing right on track!!  I love him!

1 comment:

  1. I heard it was a good party. I only can imagine how much fun you had :)

    ReplyDelete