Tomorrow this little monkey turns 3 months old. I catch myself saying all the time "I like him." Good thing, huh? My mom's friend said, "You better!" She is right - I think I just mean I forget how much you can love your baby. Slump-a-lump is starting to chunk up a little bit, and is smiling and cooing all the time. So sweet! Soon he is going to stop snuggling with me so much and become more active. I am not ready for that! Don't get me wrong, I adore Turner, he is just in a more trying phase these days.
Playing in Jeremy's car - he has a thing with cars I guess?! Hot Wheels, here we come!
I heard someone say the other day that another girl really enjoyed her kids. I really enjoy mine too, and hope people see that. I have to be careful joking about them, because they really are wonderful blessings. However, they (like me) are sinners - and I find it hard to write on here how perfect they are. Just trying to paint a realistic picture. Funny - I say that, but I am pretty particular about what pictures go on here!
Had some random things to discuss. Is that really different than any other blog? Here goes...
1. I love the show Cake Boss on TLC. So good! When I was up at night with Turner as a baby, I fell in love with Jon and Kate Plus 8. Like, watched every episode. In fact, I still have a soft spot for Kate in my heart - may be the only one in America. But I digress.
Well, John Burke is sleeping through the night (averages 8 hours - we aren't to 12 yet! I expect it will be a while, but not complaining!) But, when I am nursing him (forgot how often!!), we have been watching recorded episodes of Cake Boss. There was a marathon on July 5th, so I recorded it and it is super cute! Buddy, the owner, is very creative and isn't scared to try anything to design. In the episode right now, he is making a cake because he got a key to his hometown. (Sidenote - did you know HHH has the key to Andalusia?? Sad fact, no actual key given, just a plaque. He might let you come look at it sometime.) Not saying it isn't scripted sometimes, and it does make me crave cakes!
Buddy creating a cake. Fascinating, right?
2. Since I have been craving cake lately, I took my mom to Dreamcakes the other day. She took one bite of the strawberry and wasn't sold. However, she bit into the Mississippi Mud cupcake and said "Wow, it is so decadent." Wonder why I can be dramatic? But she is right.
All of Mom and Dad's (Gigi and Pop Pop) grandkids in the best picture we could attempt
3. Loving some new restaurants around Birmingham. Chuy's is so good - we have been there three times. I went one other time, and there was a line out the door and around the corner just to get your name on the list. No thank you, we walked right in to Flip Burger. Another relatively new addition! And I picked up Urban Cookhouse the other day - also delicious!
4. Megan told me about Smockadot Kids on facebook. It is so fun! They put up posts a few nights a week with smocked and/or appliqued clothes. They put a price on it and sometimes include monogramming - the first people to write "sold" with your desired size and paypal account win! They send you an invoice. I act like you "win" - you do win, but you still pay! I got these 2 matching outfits with monogram and shipping for 50 dollars total. Pretty cheap! I felt the need to share this with blog readers. But I will have to kill you if you beat me out on a race for clothes one night!
5. The Galleria mall may be making a comeback. This should not be so exciting to me, but it is! I saw the other day that Limited is coming back. If you ask me, when Limited left it started going downhill...
This picture has nothing to do with the Galleria, except that Uncle Derek lives near there! Just thought you would like this fatherly picture with Chloe.
6. I will leave you with 2 stories from church. On Sunday, I was checking on Turner through the mirrored windows. Supposedly he can't see me, but that weasel always seems to make eye contact. Then he usually proceeds to walk to the door, press down on the handle and walk out to greet me. Ughh! But, he didn't see me Sunday. Our friend's son was near him and I noticed he was holding Turner's beloved paci. In 2 seconds flat, Turner whipped around, elbowed him and grabbed it back from him while he was on the ground. Did I mention he is in a trying phase??
Someone is psycho about his "Gucky" and paci
Second story - I was nursing John Burke (you can be freaked out - it freaks me out a little, too. But it is what it is) in one of the offices downstairs yesterday during Mother's Day Out. The children's director (a man) definitely walked in. I was covered up, but Slumpy's little feet were hanging out and he is so loud when he eats, so it didn't take him very long to notice what was going on. I tried not to be, but I was pretty mortified. I feel sure he has seen this before, but I would have been okay not sharing this moment with him. Bless his heart! I will be heading to a small dark room next time!
And, because there is not a shirtless Heath in this post, I had to add one! Brushing teeth the other night. Especially for Jami...