Site Meter

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

It's a....


GIRL!!!!

I am still shocked, and we are very excited.
Rewind - I have been sort of in denial that I was pregnant until the last couple of weeks, when we set this appointment. About 3 weeks ago, we set it for 2:30 today.
I have been going back and forth about a boy or a girl. I really didn't believe that a girl could come from us (I know it comes from God, but you know what I mean:)). But, I have felt much more nauseous this time and feel like I am carrying differently. But, my doctor and Dr. Ross both told me your odds go up for having another of the same sex each baby you had. Anyway, my prayer has just been affirming God's sovereignty, and asking Him to prepare my heart either way.
By this morning, my adrenaline was high and I was just ready to know!!! Either way - there were so many advantages to 3 boys - all the clothes and toys, I just know boys! They are comfortable to me, and my boys totally hold my heart!
But, part of me was holding out for a girl. I was reminding myself, though, that Heath and I have desired 3 children - so it's not like we were "setting out" for a girl.
Also, I have not told Turner or John Burke about a baby. Except to say, "Please stop kicking Mommy!" Or "Get off me - you are killing me!" Well, about noon today I saw Turner with his class in "big school" (which he is obsessed with!). Out of the blue, he walked up to me and said "Mommy, I get a sister." I turned around and said "What??" He repeated it, and I said, "Did the Holy Spirit tell you that?" He looked at me like I was crazy and hopped on his merry way. (Heath laughed at me, but I do think it was cool. He is right - I really was asking my 2 year old if he heard from the Lord. He is two.)
When we were sitting in the doctor's office, I told Heath I was going to be upset if it was a boy, that we needed a girl to take care of us when we were older. Heath genuinely did not care, and I then put it in perspective - God has given us a baby, I prayed mostly for its health, and for me to stop caring! I knew that no matter what, I couldn't change what it was and that God already knew exactly what we needed - way before I was even born. I felt ridiculous for caring.
They called me back and did the preliminary measurements without Heath in the room. Then they called Heath back. I could not read the tech's face AT ALL. She didn't give me anything!! (She did recognize me from before - that happens with 3 babies in 3 years). Anyway, she turned the screen on and said "Do you know what that is?" I said (a little sadly) "Is that a (boy part)?" She said, "No - that is (girl part)." I jumped up from the table. I grabbed the tech's hand as she was still rubbing it over my stomach and said "Are you serious???? No way!" Pretty sure she was laughing in my face, and Heath was saying "Did you just jump off the table??" Then I stared at HER little face, and hands and feet and kept telling the tech "You are saying HER!" She laughed (I am glad she wasn't totally annoyed), and told me SHE looked healthy and right on track. Praise the Lord for his sovereignty and his goodness and that SHE (still shocked, can you tell?) was fearfully and wonderfully made. I was so reminded of that as we looked at the perfect little spine and toes and face.
Her little alien head and hand
Her little foot
Anyway, we called our moms and siblings and then went back to meet with Dr. Adcock. We were running about 45 minutes behind, but I was on cloud nine!
My giddy self waiting in Dr. Adcock's office - Heath was not dying to take this

As I am writing this it seems a little silly and self-indulgent, but I really am not wanting to forget the details!! Turner is thrilled to have a sister (like he knows what that means), and John Burke remains clueless. We are, above everything, grateful to our Lord and his sovereignty, and praying for health the rest of this pregnancy!
Oh, side note. The boys were napping after school with their girl, Kina. She had been pushing for a boy, and told me this morning that I did not need a girl because it would be dirty and rough. Thanks, Kina. (I see her point). When I got back, she said Turner's last words before he went to sleep were "Mommy go to the doctor, and I get a sister." Then she said "Oh, LORD! Kelly's havin' a girl!! Don't you dare name it Anne something with an e on the end" - she knows me too well, and that I think names like that are adorable. She is constantly trying to keep me street smart and savvy - bless her heart, work in progress!
Just for fun - John Burke eating his very own biscuit/hash browns this morning (I always make them share) - and he got his very own water. And, he is dancing to that new "Moves like Jagger" song - his favorite. He likes to dance with his hands pumping. I love him.

5 comments:

  1. Yay for girls!! It is girl season for sure!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY YAY YAY YAY! This news just made my day! SO excited for yall! Feel free to name her after me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your little girl! What a blessing! She's going to have the best big brothers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS!!! AHHH!!!! I really thought you were having a girl and look at you!! 2 Boys and a girl!! yay!! She is going to be so precious!! Steven saw on FB first and told me, so I figured you would blog about it!! THRILLED!!! Come back to store soon so I can hug your neck :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woooo Hoooo!!!! Ahhhhh! This is GREAT news! I didn't even consider that you'd have a girl -I just kind of assumed boy and when I read GIRL I think my jaw hit the floor! So, so, so happy for you! Thanking the Lord for His goodness in your lives!

    ReplyDelete