Site Meter

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Things


This guy has an ear infection. Don't worry - he stopped nursing and has gained 5 pounds in the last 6/7 weeks. Wow.

I had to change my blog. Well, it has been 2 weeks. But, more than that - every time I would turn on the computer and Turner would see it, he would say "DINK!! Hey Dink!!" He keeps "calling" him from his imaginary phones. After the funeral, we headed to my aunt Barbara's house and he "talked" to Dink the whole way there and just laughed and laughed. It part breaks my heart and part cracks me up. I never want him to forget the memories they had in the short 2 years. It encourages me that he calls him by name so much!
Just eating socks and hanging out in diapers

Anyway, we have been doing all sorts of Christmas-y things. I love this time of year. I mean, even this week before. It is nice to have Heath and other family off of work to help out and/or shop with. A couple of nights ago, Heath and I felt extra jovial and decided to make 6 batches of oreo truffles to deliver to family and some kids I used to teach. 6 batches was 1 or 2 too many for me. But, they are so delicious. Here is the recipe:
Ingredients - very easy. Package of Oreos, package of cream cheese (can be 1/3 fat, too) and almond bark (vanilla or chocolate).
Beforehand, leave out the cream cheese so it will soften.

Use a food processor to grind up the oreos into dirt consistency (or you can use a plastic bag and crush them over and over with your hands - I prefer a food processor). Mix in a bowl with the softened cream cheese. (This takes 3-5 minutes of really mixing it up until it is doughy)
Roll into balls and stick in the freezer for about 5 minutes to solidify.
Dip in almond bark (or have your assistant do it!) - they harden up in minutes!!
Our final project - too bad the actual Oreo balls aren't pictured. This could be any present!

Besides eating, we have been doing other fun Christmas things - like visiting Santa Claus, Christmas brunches/parties/dinners and even Zoolight Safari!
It was nice - it was cold, but not too bad. We had a ball!
Walking around with Wes and York
Check out those tiny snowmen!
The men rode the carousel
Watching from the stroller
Chilling with Santa (every time Turner sees him he says "Mommy, who's dat?" - every time. That means he knows, and just wants me to say it!! Stinker - he was sitting in the petting zoo next to the rat - such ambiance
Not sure what this animal was - but I know he repeated animal names this time instead of calling everything "dog" - progress.
We watched this bird eat a mouse
And we marveled at Aubie
Merry Christmas!!







2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to the Hendersons!! Can't wait to see you. Tell Turner that I have a surprise for him, it begins with an "S" and ends with "kittles."

    ReplyDelete