Site Meter

Monday, September 14, 2009

Last Week



Last week was CRAZY!!  I think because it was short - we had an action-packed Labor Day weekend, and then it was already Tuesday.  I have  a long post, but so many things to tell.  Important?  Not mostly.   But hopefully entertaining.
I will try to go chronologically.  We went down to Auburn Friday night for Turner's first Auburn game.  Don't worry - I know there has been another one since then.  I will end with that.
Saturday morning we walked around campus.  Heath's parents have a house in Auburn and it is so nice to be able to have that as a home base for Turner.  He had a morning nap and then we walked around campus.  I found one of my college best friends, Laura.  The last few years I have only seen her about once a year, but now they live in Griffin, GA so they will be closer.  It was fun to watch Turner interact with her son, Grayson.  And she also has a 3 week old (well she did in this picture - now she is 4 weeks).  How great does Laura look?!

Laura, me, Choron/Boney (who told me not to post this pic...but looks cute with her little pregnant belly!)

Future Auburn buddies - Grayson and Turner

We headed back to the house (after seeing Aunt Gina) and then went to the game. 

Us with another pregnant buddy, G (Turner is very sleepy here!)

 He was a squirmy worm but LOVED the game.

  Not bothered by the noise or all the excitement.  He was sweaty, though, so he and I headed to the Letterman's Lounge during half time.   Thank you Jeremy and Jeanne!!  We played with anyone that would hold Turner.  He liked Jeanne because she let him taste her chips (he hated them at first, then could not get enough) and then Jeremy threw him in the air.  Always a favorite.


  However, at one point, Turner spilled my drink and as I was cleaning it up, he spilled the rest of it.  UGHHH!!  I was about to throw him (not really, but sort of) and all of a sudden, someone grabbed him out of my arms and took him.  I looked up - grateful - and it was my mom!  She and her friends were in there, too, and she relieved me at just the right moment.  We left shortly after - in the third quarter - and he and I headed back to the house so he could go to sleep.
The next day we headed to Atlanta to visit Uncle Jay and Aunt Kate.  We went to a Braves game and Turner lasted the whole time.  3 plus hours, and even napped there.  It helped that we were in the shade! Heath wore him in the Baby Bjorn and he was pretty happy!!  Uncle Derek even came over to our seats to visit.  And, Kate fed him blue icee and he kept grabbing for more.  Little weasel.



After the game, Heath had some interesting drama.  We went to help Jay take down an ATM (a business venture), and Jay realized he didn't have anything to clip the wire ties.  So, he dug in his car and found a knife.  The Henderson boys have used (and abused) knives for years!  Well, Heath was using it, and stabbed his left hand - pretty deep.  When I walked up, I almost threw up at the sight of all the blood on his hand.  These Caribbean ladies were at the next booth and saw him bleeding.  They started saying "We old school.  Salt will stop the blood."  As Heath was saying "NOOOO" they dumped packets of salt on his hand.  Wow.  It stopped the blood, but Heath said he now understands the saying "It's like salt on an open wound."  He got in the car, and (against his wishes) we headed to the ER.  Well, Heath and I went in and Melissa and Kate kept Turner.  As we got in, there were 60 plus people all over the waiting room!!  People laying on the floor, looking pitiful (and disgusting), some wearing masks.  After the male nurse told us he would "put us through the fast lane" and it would still be at least 2 and a half hours before we were called, I went and sat down.  Heath went to get us some masks (ha! but seriously - sketchy).  Some guy jumped in his seat and I was surrounded.  And Heath was still holding salt on his bloody hand.  All of this together and I looked at a masked Heath and said "We're out."  We called Kate, and within 30 minutes we went to an Urgent Care near her house.  It took an hour (way better than 3 plus) and Heath got 4 stitches.  He has been okay since then - said the Tetanus shot he had to get hurt worse!  I wish I had a good picture.
Anyway, then Turner and I started Mother's Day Out on Wednesday.  We went Wednesday and Friday.  Turner might go some Mondays, too, but I work Wednesday/Friday.  It went well!  He loved it.  Here are some pictures.

Right before we left the house for his first day!

First day of school - playing in his classroom

  One is right before we left the house.  Don't worry, he pooped in this outfit before we even got out of the car, so we got to change outfits in the parking lot.  Side note - I don't always have extra outfits, but you are supposed to bring one for Mother's Day Out.  Guess I'll start keeping a COUPLE of them!!  Ughh.  So, that is why his house picture is different from his "classroom" picture.  He didn't cry at all when I left.  We went back to church that night for Bible Study, and he did cry when I dropped him off.  Don't worry - it was because he was hungry and ready to eat, but I told myself it was because he missed me.  The sweet nursery ladies said "She'll be back..." and I tried to believe that was why he was upset.  But, miraculously, he was totally fine when he ate his dinner.  Again, weasel.  I was 95% glad that he did well, and just 5% sad he didn't miss me at "school."  I had my hands full, though, in the almost 2 room.  I am sure many stories will follow.  Much different than second grade!!
Fast forward to this weekend.  Turner hit up the Auburn/Miss St. game, and did even better than last week!  He lasted the whole game, and took a long nap during half time and most of the 3rd quarter.  It was very nice to have so many Hendersons (and Stinsons) to help out and play with him during the game!!  War Eagle!!  


War (Snore) Eagle!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kelly!
    I'm so glad we finally got to meet this weekend. Turner is even more handsome in real life! What a cutie. We had fun talking with you and Heath. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only had like 3 minutes to eat my lunch today because I was so absorbed with your post. Loving all the auburn stuff. By the way, we want some tickets to the Ole Miss game. If you come across any or anyone who's selling, will you let me know? :)

    ReplyDelete