Site Meter

Monday, December 29, 2008

Turner's First Christmas

c
Thank you MeMe for my first Christmas stocking!

I have been meaning to write about our first Christmas with Turner.  However, we got a new computer and I've been trying to get pictures to upload right, etc. and then I just lost momentum.  Anyway, it was a great Christmas!  Ever since April when I found out I was pregnant, I didn't know for sure how Christmas would go.  His due date was exactly Christmas Day, so we knew this year would be sort of crazy!  
Then, he came early and we were able to have a pretty normal Christmas.  I of course didn't buy 97 percent of my gifts until December 22nd - I am not exaggerating - but it worked out.  I think people gave me a pass this year.
I looked around town everywhere for a Wii for Heath.  I was going to give it to him for Christmas and his birthday.  However, everywhere I went they told me that of course they didn't have one, and they even laughed at me on several occasions.  Well, Christmas morning Heath surprised me and gave me this for Christmas!  This was Turner admiring it.
Then, Mom and Dad surprised me and gave me a Wii Fit for Christmas.  I really want to get into it!  I watched Heath set it up one night (hilarious), but I haven't ventured into it yet.  I am excited about it.  I have learned, though, that while I technically have more free time now that I am not at school, a lot of days a shower is higher on the priority list than a lot of things, unfortunately.  And I've also learned that if I don't immediately dry my hair while he is napping, it won't happen!  
Anyway, back to Christmas.  This was a picture of our family at our family friends the Moores' house on Christmas Eve.  This is our annual tradition, and we just keep adding more and more people each year.  It started out as the 5 of us, and now it is 10 - 11 with Grandad Starr.  The Starr family is outnumbering the Moores, but they seem fine with it!
Finally, I thought we needed a family picture that was not from the hospital!  So, since we were all dressed up, we took one.  Next time maybe Turner will wake up!  
Our Christmas was pretty normal - we woke up at our house Christmas morning.  Then we headed over to my parents' house for breakfast and presents.  One funny thing - mom bought some wrapping paper from her school and didn't realize it said "Jo Jo Jo" instead of "Ho Ho Ho."  Do you think that was hispanic wrapping paper?  Our family is so multi-cultural.
Then, we went to my cousin's house for lunch with Mom's extended family.  After an intense game of Dirty Santa (which involved me stressing out way more than I needed to and conspiring with siblings), we left with a Summit and Best Buy gift card (which we had come with), and headed to Andalusia.  Much different trip when you have to stop at a rest stop in Greenville to feed your child, but we made it!  
Anyway, we had a great time in Andalusia.  Turner slept in a Moses basket and did great!  He got to hang out with both great Grannys and many aunts, uncles and cousins.  

Granny Fran with her 19th great grandson!

In the Moses basket for his first night ever in Andalusia.

Hanging out with Granny Eloise at her house for Christmas dinner.


With Heath's parents a week or so before Christmas

All in all, Christmas was wonderful.  It was a great time to spend time with family and friends and celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior.  It was such a miracle to have a child with us to celebrate - just looking at him is a reminder of God's sovereignty and control of our lives.  Now that I have a child that I love so much, it gives me a better understanding of what it is to be called a child of God.  







No comments:

Post a Comment